Create four color collage that illustrate your understanding of color harmonies
1. Color Harmonies - or color scheme is the use of two or more colors in a single composition.
a. Monochromatic - all the same hues or colors, though the value and intensity can be different
b. Complementary Harmonies - hues of directly opposite values on the color wheel are used, i.e.: Red and Green.
c. Analogous Harmonies - color adjacent to one another on the color wheel are used, red and red-orange.
d. Triadic Harmonies - the use of three colors equidistant on the color wheel.
1. Read and understand the links on the post " Color Theory Resources"
2. Read and examine the work of artist Josef Albers
3. Cut four squares of colors
4. Cut out other color squares of various sizes and colors
5. Create four collages that show the following color harmonies: Monochromatic, Complementary, Analogous and Triadic
6. Glue collages together
7. Mat all collages
Understanding of color theory
Ability to create a collage that illustrates the color harmony