Create a contour drawing of the chair directly on the viewfinder using water-based marker.
Positive Space vs. Negative Space
Read and review the following:
Complete the hand drawing
Erase around the edges of the hand
Add dark values to the hand in accurate locations to show the folds and creases of the hand
Use an eraser to subtract the light values of the fingers.
1. Inside of the rectangle that you created on the white paper
add tone to the rectangle with a graphite stick.
2. Draw a vertical and horizontal line down the center of the rectangle
3. Redraw the hand on the transparency paper onto the toned rectangle
4. Make the same marks in the same rectangles
5. Take your time and go slowly
This is full year foundation course that will aid in your understanding and creating a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D artwork.