1. Select a profession to research-
Architect, Landscape Architect, Interior Designer, Interior Decorator, Industrial Designer
Answer the following essential questions about the profession:
What education/ degree is required for this profession?
What certification or licensure do you need for this career?
What does a typical day look like for this career?
What is the average salary in the Boston area for this profession?
What traits should one have for this job?
You will create a poster containing this information and at least 6 images.
The poster must contain the following;
You can use Canva, Adobe Spark or other design layout app to create a poster that meets the standards for a well designed poster including a Header, Content/ Body Text, Color Scheme, Balance, and Legibility.
Complete this worksheet after presenting your research project to the class:
Sketchbook Assignment #1
-Create a drawing illustrating the design process and all it's steps.
-You may use any materials you like to illustrate this process
-It should be the first page in your sketchbook or if you are starting a new sketch please dived the old drawings and make this the first section of your Architecture section.
Upload this to classroom by Wednesday, September 19
Homework Due on Monday, September 17
Create a photograph of yourself interacting with ARCHITECTURE
1. Research examples of portraiture and architecture. Observe how artists have incorporated the two. Ask yourself " How can I create a unique and creative photograph of me interacting with architecture? What point of view, angles and perspective can I use to create a unique solution to this design problem?
2. Photograph interesting architectural spaces and places
(preferably outside of school) that you see on a regular basis and some new places
Notice how light affects these spaces, how do you interact or react in them- how do you function in these spaces?
3. Grab a friend and get them to take multiple photographs of YOU in these spaces and places. They maybe interior and exterior photos. Photograph your house, buildings you visit inside and out. Go interesting places- visit Boston- find architecture that excites you!
4. Use a photo app to digitally alter the picture, crop, enhance and alter to create a photo that represents YOU and Architecture
5. Select your strongest image and place in the Architecture Shared folder labeled YOU + ARCHITECTURE. Be prepared to show this image in class during class critique
**You will be using this image on your blog....more details to come!
Welcome to the Introduction to Architecture Course. Please review the Course Expectations to the right
Please join google classroom for additional assignments and for turning in work.
Architects, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects and Industrial Designers are responsible for the creation of the spaces and objects that we use every day. The environment, physical space, and objects that surround us affect how we function on a daily basis. Students will gain knowledge of these art fields through in-depth study that will include readings, videos, and guest speakers. Knowledge of these fields will be applied to authentic learning experiences through the creation of sketches, architectural drafting, elevations, model building and computer aided design. Visits to design studios and field trips will be a part of the course. Students planning a career in these fields will build portfolios of their work.
Introduction to Architecture
This full year course for grades 10-12 is an overview of architecture.
2012 Student Blogs