In a small group use the quick home planner to design an floor plan with four connecting rooms
1. Look over the offered stickers of walls, windows, doors, furniture etc.
2. Make sure that you understand what all of the symbols mean
3. Select the long black lines for the walls of the rooms. You may cut them to the length that you need.
4. Place the walls and make sure to plan how the rooms will connect. Will there be doors? Entrances with out doors? What size will these entrances be? Will there be windows? Where?
5. Place furniture and any other details for the room.
Create a drawing of the floor plan of the space for a musician
1. Look over and examine the templates offered and see what templates apply to the space you are creating
2. Plan how your room will look and what elements it will contain
3. Draw the room on the graph paper using the ruler, triangle and template
Craftsmanship of drawing
Clarity of floor plan
Unique features of the room
A floor plan is a drawing that shows a room as seen from above. Everything in a floor plan appears flat. Architects use floor plans to show what a room or building will look like. Anyone who draws (or drafts) a floor plan is called a draftsperson.
READ THE FOLLOWING:
Terms you need to know:
Objective: Create a mood board and interior space drawings including a floor plan and elevation drawings of the room for the musician
Introduction to Architecture
This full year course for grades 10-12 is an overview of architecture.
2012 Student Blogs