You must complete the contest and submit all of your work by 8pm tonight. If you are having difficulty with any of the steps please refer to the following page: http://www.discoverdesign.org/help
Remember the following:
You must complete each one of the steps of the design process
Proof read all of your work
Submit only the highest quality images
Show your work to a friend, teacher, or family member and get their opinion
Explain everything! Remember that the view does not know anything about your design, it is your job to explain and convey what is unique and interesting about your design
1. Uploaded Overview Statement
Please read the notes on the shared google doc and edit your work. Every one of you needed to improve these statements. Upload your statement into your discover design account
2. Upload Collect Info
Gather and organize your images, videos , notes etc. and upload to your discover design account
3. Picture for your account.
You can stand out in the Student Gallery by changing your portfolio cover image as your keep working on your project. Change your portfolio cover image in the Overview step of your design project. Click on the small orange "edit" button.
4. Login and Watch tutorial on Blackspectacles
Free design software tutorials available on Blackspectacles.com
Learn tricks and tips for Google SketchUp, AutoCAD, Revit, 3DS Max, and Photoshop.
Most of you requested the free subscription to Blackspectacles.com, our partner in providing design software tutorials, when you registered for the competition. Use the username and password info that sent to your email to log in and watch their videos.
Watch this video:
1. Please write your name and discover design login name to the shared google doc
2. Write your overview and place in the google doc from the last post
3. Complete ALL of the steps for finishing your sketch up file
4. Take your sketchbook home and come in tomorrow with 4-6 sketches for your library redesign
5. By Friday you must have the "Overview, Collect Info and Brainstorm" areas ALL uploaded with the content for the Library Redesign. This is a firm deadline that you must adhere to.
This is a busy week and all of the assignments are listed on the blog so please refer to it daily. You need to complete the following assignments for Friday:
1. Check and edit your weebly site so that it is correct, organized and free of spelling and grammar errors. Ask a classmate to read it and check for errors as well.
2. Read and watch post " How to use a scale ruler"
3. Sign up for Discover Den and check it out. We will be using this site as a resource so become familiar with the site. Email me your username
4. Watch TED talk on Charles and Ray Eames
5. Complete Blog assignment on Eames
6. Check out "SketchChair" and complete assignment
7. Read and complete assignment " What is Design"
**Homework Due Monday, December 17
Write a blog post reviewing the 123D design app that you used. Please post what you created and give your opinion of the app.
It was great to read your statements about the musicians that you selected to create the room for ( if you have not yet filled in the google form please do so ASAP).
Go back and read the assignment and make sure that you have completed all of the steps. I added a post about mood boards so read that too. You should be well into the assignment and steps.
Thank you Alex who is the one student who completed the homework assignment prior to it's due date (nice job Alex!). So for the rest of you make sure that the homework is posted by tonight.
You also have a photo assignment due next week so get to work on that!
See you Thursday.
Please complete the following today:
1. Read the last three blog posts and complete all assignments
2. Edit your presentations- double check spelling and show a classmate -EDIT and re- edit if necessary
3. Resend me your presentation
Objective: Create a digital portfolio of your artwork
You will be creating a digital portfolio this year and a blog of your work. You need to document and photograph all of your assignments.
1. Create a folder named " Intro to Architecture" in Evernote, Notarize or other app of your choice.
2. Photograph your marble run
3. Photograph your paper sculpture from multiple angles on top of white or black paper.
** all photographs need to be high quality images
Please complete the following:
1. Turn in homework- there are still a few of you that owe work
2. Photograph your marble runs; supplies; tools; each other working and all of the sketches that your group generated. These should be high quality photographs.
3. Download the following apps: TED talks; BLURB; Video editor or other free app to make and edit movies; QR code scanner; and flipbook
4. Complete the form in previous post on the article that you were supposed to read this past weekend
5. Complete poster #2 tonight
Introduction to Architecture
This full year course for grades 10-12 is an overview of architecture.
2012 Student Blogs