1. Discussion: How do artists find solutions to problems?
2. Meet with your group from yesterday and review what techniques worked and didn't work
3. Read directions from previous post " Show me" download app and follow directions to create a video
4. Architecture Poster Homework- place your homework poster on the table for critique. Review all the posters. How many buildings do you recognize? How many can you name? Can you arrange them in historical order? Why are these buildings significant?
5. Turn in sketchbook cover design
1. House of Cards Champions- send documentation and receive your prize
2. Course Expectations
3. Answer question- " This year I want to learn...."
4. Homework- bring in sketchbook and create cover design for Wednesday
5. Homework #2- collect paper towel and toilet paper tubes. Please bring in Friday.
6. Take card with the name of the famous Architectural structure. You will research this structure or building and create the following:
-11" x 14" poster with a large color image of the structure
-On the back of the poster please put the following: the name of the structure or building, location, date created; architect or group who created it. This information must be typed. Double check spelling etc.
** This is an artistic poster that needs to be carefully assembled and presented to the entire class
Introduction to Architecture
This full year course for grades 10-12 is an overview of architecture.
2012 Student Blogs