Create a digital collage of the following Architecture Elements demonstrating your understanding of each one of the terms.
-Select a collage app that allows you to combine images and text
-Define each term
-Find or take 3-5 images of each term
-Create a collage of the terms and at least 3 images of each term
-Arrange vocabulary and terms in an artistic manner using the elements and principles of design
1. Quality of photographs demonstrating the terms
2. Quality of the collage
3. Ability to demonstrate understanding of terms in artistic and thoughtful manner
Your challenge today is to create a marble run using the supplies that you brought in and any other materials that you bring in from home.
You will create your own design and will need to review and apply "the design process steps" in order to create a successful marble run.
Details of the assignment can be found HERE
I have high expectations that your marble run will be more sophisticated than this one...................
Challenge: Create the largest building or structure using playing cards
Homework Due on Tuesday, September 24
Create a photograph of yourself interacting with ARCHITECTURE
1. Research examples of portraiture and architecture. Observe how artists have incorporated the two. Ask yourself " How can I create a unique and creative photograph of me interacting with architecture? What point of view, angles and perspective can I use to create a unique solution to this design problem?
2. Photograph interesting architectural spaces and places
(preferably outside of school) that you see on a regular basis and some new places
Notice how light affects these spaces, how do you interact or react in them- how do you function in these spaces?
3. Grab a friend and get them to take multiple photographs of YOU in these spaces and places. They maybe interior and exterior photos. Photograph your house, buildings you visit inside and out. Go interesting places- visit Boston- find architecture that excites you!
4. Use a photo app to digitally alter the picture, crop, enhance and alter to create a photo that represents YOU and Architecture
5. Select your strongest image and place in the Architecture Shared folder labeled YOU + ARCHITECTURE. Be prepared to show this image in class during class critique
**You will be using this image on your blog....more details to come!
To begin the process for creating a mood board for the musician of your choice you will need to do research and have a deep understanding of the client that you are designing for.
Please answer the following questions and turn in to classroom
Introduction to Architecture
This full year course for grades 10-12 is an overview of architecture.
2012 Student Blogs