Homework Due on Monday, September 17
Create a photograph of yourself interacting with ARCHITECTURE
1. Research examples of portraiture and architecture. Observe how artists have incorporated the two. Ask yourself " How can I create a unique and creative photograph of me interacting with architecture? What point of view, angles and perspective can I use to create a unique solution to this design problem?
2. Photograph interesting architectural spaces and places
(preferably outside of school) that you see on a regular basis and some new places
Notice how light affects these spaces, how do you interact or react in them- how do you function in these spaces?
3. Grab a friend and get them to take multiple photographs of YOU in these spaces and places. They maybe interior and exterior photos. Photograph your house, buildings you visit inside and out. Go interesting places- visit Boston- find architecture that excites you!
4. Use a photo app to digitally alter the picture, crop, enhance and alter to create a photo that represents YOU and Architecture
5. Select your strongest image and place in the Architecture Shared folder labeled YOU + ARCHITECTURE. Be prepared to show this image in class during class critique
**You will be using this image on your blog....more details to come!
Use the free app Magic Plan to create measurements, floor plans of your bedroom.
Download the app
Practice using the app
Create a floor plan and model of your bedroom using accurate measurements
Due Date: Friday, January 30
Read the following article:
How many of the architects did you already know?
Familiarize yourself with the architects and their work
Due Monday, February 2
Objective: Use an app to create a floor plan of the first floor of your home.
1. Read these reviews
2. Select an app to create a floor plan from this list or other app that you find
3. Create a floor plan of the first floor of your house
Due Date: Friday, October 31
You will create your own architecture blog for this class. It will contain your written work, images of your work and portfolio for the class.
By Monday, September 29 you must have the following on your blog post:
1. Design and layout on your weebly site completed
2. Architecture + Me= Art Photograph posted in blog or included on About Me page
3. Blog Post #1 Architecture Blog Review
** write a blog post that links to the blog that you are following. Please explain why you are following it, who the author is and something that you learned from the blog.
4. Download the weebly app
The world of cardboard furniture is vast. This blog reviews some of the companies that are creating and selling cardboard furniture.
Read the following review and description of Architecture blogs.
Select a blog to follow ( There are multiple ways to subscribe and follow, I find Google Reader helpful for following multiple blogs. Figure out what works best for you.)
Please read at least five past posts and answer the questions on the form below.
You must complete the contest and submit all of your work by 8pm tonight. If you are having difficulty with any of the steps please refer to the following page: http://www.discoverdesign.org/help
Remember the following:
You must complete each one of the steps of the design process
Proof read all of your work
Submit only the highest quality images
Show your work to a friend, teacher, or family member and get their opinion
Explain everything! Remember that the view does not know anything about your design, it is your job to explain and convey what is unique and interesting about your design
1. Uploaded Overview Statement
Please read the notes on the shared google doc and edit your work. Every one of you needed to improve these statements. Upload your statement into your discover design account
2. Upload Collect Info
Gather and organize your images, videos , notes etc. and upload to your discover design account
3. Picture for your account.
You can stand out in the Student Gallery by changing your portfolio cover image as your keep working on your project. Change your portfolio cover image in the Overview step of your design project. Click on the small orange "edit" button.
4. Login and Watch tutorial on Blackspectacles
Free design software tutorials available on Blackspectacles.com
Learn tricks and tips for Google SketchUp, AutoCAD, Revit, 3DS Max, and Photoshop.
Most of you requested the free subscription to Blackspectacles.com, our partner in providing design software tutorials, when you registered for the competition. Use the username and password info that sent to your email to log in and watch their videos.
Introduction to Architecture
This full year course for grades 10-12 is an overview of architecture.
2012 Student Blogs