Create a drawing of nature that demonstrates asymmetrical balance and your skill with craypas.
1. Take a photograph of nature that show asymmetrical balance ( homework assignment)
2. Edit and crop this picture to a square shape
( instagram and aviary both edit to square format)
3. Replicate the drawing using craypas on the black paper. Keep in mind that letting some of the black paper show looks great with the craypas.
4. Use numerous different textures to illustrate the nature scene
Take a picture of nature that shows asymmetrical balance. You need this for the assignment "Craypas Nature Drawing".
You may use a camera or your ipad to take the photograph.
You will edit the photograph of nature on your ipad. You will need to crop the photograph to a square format. You are welcome to use any photo editing app that you like.
You will use this image for the inspiration and reference for you next drawing. Please keep the image available and the ipad charged so that you may use it daily throughout the project.
Due Tuesday, December 4
Create a symmetrical drawing using craypas on black paper that demonstrates the Art Principle of balance.
1. Understand symmetry and how artists use it to create BALANCE.
2. Read this article about symmetry http://sixrevisions.com/web_design/symmetry-design/
3. Read this article about balance
4. Complete the two worksheets Symmetry and Unity and Balance
5. Pick a type of symmetry for your work of art from the list:
Radial or Rotational
Mirror or Bilateral
6. Create a symmetrical drawing on the black paper using a light color
7. Select a color scheme from the list:
8. Create a drawing that clearly demonstrates the color scheme
9. Check your work for craftsmanship and balance
10. The entire square should be filled with color
Create eight a drawing of eight different textures on the worksheet.
1. Write name on worksheet
2. Find different texture materials around the room
3. Use pencil or material of your choice to draw the texture
* you may "zoom in" on a small area to capture the texture
Today is a studio day. You need to complete the following:
1. The Fabric Drawing- please make sure that it is signed and inside of the correct folder
2. " Patterned Paper City"
You need to read the assignment ( see previous post). View the work of the artist and architects listed. You need to create a "Building" that has unique, diverse and interesting patterns. You can refer to your last two sketchbook assignments for inspiration. You need to create a small, medium and large " Building".
I am looking forward to seeing your work tomorrow!
3. Read the homework assignment in previous post. It is due next Thursday and will take 1.5 to 2 hours so start on it tonight!
4. Read the color wheel collage assignment, think about what shape or shapes you would like for your color wheel.
Have a productive studio day!
This is full year foundation course that will aid in your understanding and creating a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D artwork.