Go visit the Art Exhibition in the lower library. Bring with you the " 2013 Art Show" form.
Spend time looking at the artwork in the show. Select a work of art that inspires and/or impresses you.
Write a letter to the artist that created the work of art. Structure your note in formal letter format.
You will need to gather your thoughts before writing the letter.
Here are suggested topics to consider and include in the letter:
- summarize the overall appearance of the art, then describe the details of the art
- describe the composition
- describe the artist's use of the materials used (acrylic, watercolor, plaster)
- describe things in the order in which they draw your eye around the object, starting with the first thing you notice and moving to the next
- discuss what inspires or impresses you about the art
- compliment the artist and areas that are successful
You will turn in the letter to me for a grade. Please do not give directly to the student, I will give it to the teacher of the course and it will be delivered by the teacher.
Due Thursday, March 28