Create a self portrait silhouette painting of your head, shoulders, mouth and or hands that are positioned to conveying you and your personality. It may include objects as well that help express your thoughts and interests.Pick a color scheme and pattern that compliments the silhouette that you will paint in the negative space.
1. You will first need to brainstorm what you would like to express about yourself in your self portrait. You want your work of art to be unique and interesting. You may need to bring in objects from home and practice various poses.
2. Find a partner that can trace your portrait. Sit or stand in front of the light and have your silhouette traced.
3. Select a color scheme for the negative space around your silhouette.
4. Paint the negative space with a color scheme that matches your personality.
5. Paint the positive space/ silhouette one opaque color.