Inspiration: Artist Andy Goldsworthy
Art Challenge: Create and document with photography a “nature installation” that utilizes the five elements of art: line, shape, value, texture, and color.
- Create an installation using elements from nature to create a work of art outdoors that utilizes some or all of the elements of art.
- Document your outdoor creation with your ipad.
- Edit and manipulate the photos
- Select the strongest work of art and submit to google classroom
- Prepare your ipad as the device to show your artwork in class to your classmates (charge, adjust brightness, clean your screen, etc.)
- Discuss the relationship of your art to nature
- Participate in the class critique
- Explain how you utilized the elements of art
Installation art is a genre of art that incorporates any media to create a visceral and/or conceptual experience in a particular environment.
It can include any media from tree branches to words or, more traditional media such as sculpture, video, sound, and space itself.
Some installations are site-specific; they can only exist in the space for which they were created.
Check out these examples of Installation Artists:
Christo and Jean Claude
Here are examples of student art: BHS DESIGN Students Examples
Due Date: Tuesday, May 19