- Create a value chart in ten steps creating tints and shades of all primary and secondary colors.
- Create a value chart using a complementary set in ten steps.
- Learn how to mix colors to create a chosen value, hue and intensity.
- Learn how to dull and darken colors by mixing complements.
- Gain experience using various brush strokes and paint application techniques used by Impressionists.
- Select an image from the "masters" of Impressionism of a landscape. It must include background, middle ground and foreground.
- Print the image
- Cut a strip of the image that shows the field of depth
- Mount the strip onto the canvas board with gel medium ( be sure to get all of the air bubbles out and make entirely smoothly surface)
- Create an underpainting with a thin layer of paint that completes the composition
- Apply paint and colors in a variety of ways illustrating the field of depth in the picture
- Create a broad range of values by mixing colors and applying complimentary colors in close proximity
8" x 10" canvas board