1. Art Museum Visit- complete the following google form: Art Museum Visit
2. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Assignment
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Rework your homework assignments from this year. Re-work a past sketchbook assignment based on the feedback from class critiques and from my sticky-note comments, as well as on the highest quality work you’ve viewed during critiques of class projects. You will be graded on the degree of improvement in the areas listed below.
Equal to one weekly homework assignment
Review, refine, edit and improve past assignment to show growth and development
Improve the following:
- Increased range of tonal value
- Contrast –
- make the darks darker;
- make fewer highlights, but make them pure white
- Composition –
- Use arrangement of darks and lights to improve the overall visual impact
- Differences in local values –
- Make the objects clearly different values –
- some objects are dark, some are light, some are white, but all will have dark, middle, and light sides
- Differentiation of planes –
- For every change in direction of a surface, light hits that surface differently, so there will be a change in tonal value.
- Sense of depth (3-dimensional space) –
- Improve the linear perspective and atmospheric (aerial) perspective.
- Refinement and level of detail –
- be more precise about the details.
- Clean up your edges with the tip of an eraser.
Begin with the piece with which you are least satisfied, or on which you received your lowest grade. Bring that to a level of completion that demonstrates growth and improvement.
Time: 90 minutes of work on assignment
Due Date: June 1