Create a detailed graphite self portrait drawing in a reflective object that expresses you and an aspect of your personality.
Find an object that is reflective other than a mirror. This may be a metal iron, hubcap, fishbowl, coffee or teapot. The object should have SYMBOLISM- do not just select a random object from the closet- go home and search for something!
In the object you will find your reflection. Your image will be distorted in someway. Show an emotion in the reflection. Create 3-5 sketches of various compositions. Select the strongest composition. Create the drawing on the high quality paper.
Due Date: Friday, October 11
Just wanted to check in with you and update you on a few things:
1. Please make sure that you are cleaning up and turning off the spotlight EVERYDAY
2. Please do not store or place items on the floor, the floor can not be cleaned if you do this- YUCK!
3. Please do not store your drawing tools in the tables that are for the still life-- you are blocking someone else's view!
4. Get a paint stand and store your supplies on it or use your self for storage.
5. When you complete your assignments pin them on the display board and sign your work.
6. You should be finishing up the last assignment and move on..remember to scroll down on the blog so you don't miss anything.
7. I am already missing work from some of you- check Aspen and turn in your assignments.
Please read the following:http://www.studentartguide.com/articles/realistic-observational-drawings
Here is the link to your quarter 1 sketchbook assignments:
Quarter 1 Sketchbook Assignments
Please print out, attach to your sketchbook and complete the log and self evaluation for each assignment.
Create a still life drawing of objects from the classroom and from home.
1. Read the Scholastic Arts Magazine and watch the video
2. Set-up a still life scene on the small table on wheels in front of your " Inspiration" wall.
3. Select 3-5 materials each from the still life closet.
4. Sketch different points of view of the still life
5. Select strongest sketch
6. Create charcoal drawing
7. Use craypas to create still life drawing
You will be evaluated on the following:
Creation of compositional drawings
Ability to create a drawing of a still life
Use of materials
Use of time
Finding ideas can inspiration can be challenging for artists. So your challenge is to create an " Idea Wall". You have a large bulletin board next to your easels. One side of this board will be for your "Idea Wall" and the side will display completed work. Your challenge to to clean the board, cover it with black paper and start covering it with images, words, collections and anything else that inspires you. You will work on this for the next two days and I consider it to be an ongoing assignment. Have fun gathering, collecting and posting images
Ready, Set, Go
A major part of this course is maintaining a sketchbook. You will have weekly assignments to help you build your sketchbook and develop it as an expression of you and your artwork.
Complete the following:
1. Mend, alter, edit and correct your sketchbook cover. It must be a functional cover and contain the following:
-a picture or drawing of you
-three symbols that represent you
-it must contain your name.
You have the challenge of combining these elements to make an artistic piece that you will have as your cover for the entire year! You may use any materials you want.
2. Create a "pocket" in the front or back cover
3. Set up an area in your house to create art. Gather supplies around your house and create an art bin or box with supplies for creating art. This way every time you have an assignment you won't have to waste time running around for supplies. Take a digital picture of this space and supply box and be prepared to show on your ipad on Monday.
Hello Jesus, Stephanie and Brenna,
You three are going to make -up the Drawing and Painting II class. Sadly you don't meet at the same time but will share the same work space. I would encourage you three to find time to meet and leave notes to each other so that the "critique" process can happen informally.
This is where I will post your lessons, reading, videos, assignments and homework. You will be responsible for checking the blog daily for updates and notes. I will also use email to communicate with you directly so please check your email.
Please read the course expectations and make sure that you are familiar with the grading policy and expectations for the course.
I have a curriculum and outline for the year but am very flexible and want to hear your goals for the year. So please complete the google form below.