Please complete the following:
1. Upload your " Still Life Critique" into the shared class folder
2. Complete the previous post assignment on " Art from Japanese American Internment Camps"
3. Create a photo album on your ipad for this class
4. Photograph your still life and other assignments that you feel were successful. Please make sure that these are high quality photographs that highlight and feature your work.
5. Submit artwork for the Collab art contest (see home page for link)
Please complete this work by Friday, November 22
Today you will examine the work of artists who created still life drawings and paintings.
Read this document on the 4 Steps to Critique Works of Art
You will need to describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate the still life drawings and paintings of these artists.
Please complete all work on the ipad in Evernote or other app that allows you to combine writing and images.
Exam the work of following artists:
Jan Brueghel the Elder
Vincent Van Gogh
Select two works of art and place into a document and write the following on each work of art:
Name the artist
Name the work of art
Describe the artwork in detail, include subject, materials used, etc.
Analyze the work of art
Interpret the work of art
Evaluate the work
**Refer to the 4 Steps to Critique Art to complete this section
Please proof read you work and save into a folder labeled Drawing and Painting
Today is a studio day. Make it a productive one and complete the following:
1. Complete the google form from 10/20 Ribbon of Awareness- yes believe it or not some of you have still not completed this and I have no idea what your drawing is about.
2. Work on the Ribbon drawing.
3. Send me a picture in an email of your drawing. Use your ipad. Whatever stage it is at is fine- it does not have to be complete!
4. Start the homework assignment tonight if you have not already. It is a long assignment and you must get going. You need to spend 2.5 to 3 hours on it.
Enjoy your studio day!
1. Join pinterest
2. Check out some of these projects
3. Read last four blog posts - be prepared to discuss all- especially the drawing skills reading assignment
4. Make sure that you took a picture of your "art area or space to create" at home.
5. Work on your folded book tonight. Feel free to email pictures and ask questions.
Practice cutting and folding the sample book
Read handout and review various methods of altered book ideas
Create a six page small book using colored pencils that shows a transition or transformation.
Make sure that you apply the Elements and Principles of Design the pages
Sketch and plan your ideas and pages BEFORE you start
You will work on this assignment in class.
There are very few instructions for today's activity so have fun and play!
Drawing and Painting