Create a drawing using graphite that illustrates the cross contours of three objects.
1. Set - up three objects on top of a piece of paper
2. Sketch the cross contours of each object.
3. Add accurate shadows to the object
4. You will need to complete this drawing in two class periods
12" x 18" paper
Understand what a blind contour drawing is and why we practice this technique.
Create a series of blind contour drawings of your hand.
1. Complete reading and view samples
2. Discuss the book " Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain"
3. Set up your drawing area with the materials and position yourself so that you can see your hand but not the paper you are drawing on.
4. Complete a series of drawings of your hand on the paper. There is no required number of times that you need to draw your hand, but the goal is for you to achieve and develop a new way of seeing and drawing. You will notice that your drawings will contain more details and a variety of lines. Some students will work on numerous drawings while others will complete a few drawings very slowly.
Here is a helpful reading about blind contour drawing:
12" x 18" paper
Marker or pen
Art Challenge: Create pencil drawings of facial features of your classmates
1. Create value scale in sketchbook
2. Ask a student to model for you. Draw one of their facial features from observation
3. Apply measuring and sighting techniques
4. Create a minimum of 4 of each - eyes, nose, mouths, and ears
5. Use a variety of pencil marks to create values
Create a pencil drawing of ribbons that illustrates value and form of a ribbon that you tie, twist or arrange in any position that you feel best represents a ribbon.
Drawing and Painting