2015 MA Safe Jobs for Youth Poster Contest
Who is eligible?
Teens ages 14-19. High school-aged Massachusetts teens (14-19) not enrolled in post-secondary education, are eligible to enter the contest.
Note: Teens do not need to be enrolled in high school to enter the contest.
What do I need to do?
- Be creative. What do you picture when you think of a good, safe job for young workers? What can teens do to make a difference? (e.g. recognize hazards, get training, know their rights)
- Develop a slogan. What kind of message will reach your peers? In any language, come up with a phrase about why good teen jobs are safe and healthy ones.
- Design your poster. Merge your creative idea and slogan together into an original poster no larger than 11 x 17 inches.
- Win cash prizes: 1st place $500, 2nd place $300, 3rd place $100.
- Have your poster seen across the state. (The last three years’ 1st place posters were on public transportation!)
- We want to hear from you on why workplace health and safety is important for teens.
December 8, 2014. All posters and entry forms must be postmarked by Monday, December 8, 2014.
Only one poster per person. Mail posters to:
Occupational Health Surveillance Program
Massachusetts Dept. of Public Health
250 Washington Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02108
March 12, 2015. Contest winners will be publicly announced on Thursday, March 12, 2015. Images of the winning posters will be posted on the contest website by the end of this day.
Need more info? Go to www.mass.gov/dph/ohsp/teenpostercontest for more details including tips for creating your poster.
Still have questions? E-mail email@example.com or call (617) 624-5677.