Give Thanks. CREATE a work of art depicting something that you are thankful for
1. Brainstorm and create a list of things that you are grateful for. Example: sunshine, chocolate, a friend or family member.
2. Create sketches of a few of these ideas. Discuss and show ideas to friend or family member. Select the best idea.
3. Select the best medium for the artwork. It should be something that you feel comfortable with and will convey your message.
4. Make the artwork a completed, polished work of art that can be given to a friend or family member.
Due Date: Thursday, November 20
For this assignment you may pick from one of two assignments:
Option 1: Poster Contest which is linked up here: http://mschangart.weebly.com/home/2015-ma-safe-jobs-for-youth-poster-contest
Option 2: "Spiraling Spheres"
Objective: Create a drawing with materials of your choice that utilizes your understanding of value and form to create spiraling spheres with an active, colorful background.
1. Draw Overlapping circles (or other shapes) of graduated sizes, moving from smallest to largest (largest on top- draw it first) to create an illusion of movement toward you from the surface of the page. Fill the page with various sized trails.
2. Shade one end of the spiral trail gradually darker and one end lighter to enhance the illusion of movement and depth. Refer to your worksheet of creating values on a sphere and use these same values on the sphere to create the form. Use pencil or any other materials and colors that you select.
3. Create an interesting background; perhaps using analogous colors or monochromatictints and shades to develop an ambiguous space.
4. Spend 1.5 to 2 hours on the assignment. Double check your work for quality and craftsmanship.
We worked in class with the 123D Creature app to create a unique creature that is all your own. You were asked to combine two characteristics from two different animals to create your creature. You will create a 3D print of your creature. You will also paint and render lighting on the creature. This image of the creature will be printed on paper.
Please complete the following steps to create a 3D print:
Create your creature in the 123D app
Make an account
Save this creature to your account
Export the creature to the cloud
On a computer open the creature in 123Dapp.com and login to your account
Locate the .stl file
Move the .stl file to the Google Drive folder for your class (I shared with you and you will find this link in your school email)
I will move the .stl file into Makerware
I will check the file and scale it and then print it to the Makerbot
Please complete the following steps to create a print on paper:
Paint and render the creature in the 123D app
Save this creature
Export this creature to the cloud
Take screen shots of the final image from multiple angles
Open the images into a photo editing app
Crop and " clean -up" the images
Open images in a collage app
Create a collage of your creature
Save this image to your photo album
Move the image into the google drive folder "123D Creature Image for Printing on Paper"
You will be evaluated on the following:
Is the creature unique and original?
Did the student use two characteristics from two different animals to create a unique creature?
Can the two animals be identified?
Did the student understand how to use the app to create a creature?
Did the student understand how to create form with the app?
Did the student understand how to alter the texture and surface of the form?
This is full year foundation course that will aid in your understanding and creating a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D artwork.