AUGUSTE RODIN (1840 -1917)THE CATHEDRAL1908 Stone
Create a clay sculpture of your hand in a position that expresses an emotion and feeling through gesture.
Terra Cotta Clay
Mats for the table
Construction of the ceramic hand
Attention to detail
Emotion conveyed through the gesture of the hand
Use of Materials
Assignment: Create a tempera painting of an animal
1. Select a picture from the National Geographic magazines of an animal
2. Set up the paper and scale up the drawing of the animal
3. Paint the background first (paint light colors to dark colors)
4. Paint the larger shapes of the animal first
5. Paint the details last
National Geographic magazines
Ability to mix colors
Ability to paint accurate details and textures of the animals
Use of materials
Use of time
Create a self portrait silhouette painting of your head, shoulders, mouth and or hands that are positioned to conveying you and your personality. It may include objects as well that help express your thoughts and interests.Pick a color scheme and pattern that compliments the silhouette that you will paint in the negative space.
1. You will first need to brainstorm what you would like to express about yourself in your self portrait. You want your work of art to be unique and interesting. You may need to bring in objects from home and practice various poses.
2. Find a partner that can trace your portrait. Sit or stand in front of the light and have your silhouette traced.
3. Select a color scheme for the negative space around your silhouette.
4. Paint the negative space with a color scheme that matches your personality.
5. Paint the positive space/ silhouette one opaque color.
This is full year foundation course that will aid in your understanding and creating a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D artwork.