Artists Using Recycled Materials
Artist Tara Donovan
Check out this video on Tara Donovan http://bcove.me/npgpadeq
Directions for April 9th and 10th
Today and tomorrow you have time to complete assignments and start the next ones. Please read the directions carefully.
1. Please place the completed ipad texture collage in the google drive folder. Be sure to include highly textured items. There are some wonderful examples from your classmates so check them out. Nice job those of you that complete that assignment.
2. Please proof read and edit your printmaking vocabulary and images and place them into the google drive folder. Some of you do not have accurate terms. Search more than one source and search " printmaking techniques" for accurate information. Remember the goal here is for you to understand the printmaking terms and types.
3. Place any objects that you brought in for the "scraps to sculpture" homework in your lockers. We will work on them on Monday.
4. Please complete your earth day presentation and place into the google drive folder. Remember there were very specific details to the proposal and presentation so be sure to read ALL of the directions.
5. Start gathering and organizing your group and plan for the earth day art project.
6. Read and start the "Motorcycle Design" homework assignment. If you completed the other work you can get a lot done on this assignment!
7. On Friday you will be working with the guest artist Randy Garber. Be prepared to sketch and create your own monotype!
Motorcycle Design | Sketchbook Assignment
Objective: Create a drawing of an original motorcycle that has elements, colors, shapes and forms that represent you and your personal style
1. Answer the question “Who is Gottlieb Daimler?” in your sketchbook
2. Find three different motorcycles from three different time periods. Print and neatly attach to your sketchbook
3. Brainstorm and sketch ideas for your invented motorcycle
4. Draw a motorcycle that represents you. What colors, shapes and forms express you and your style and personality? What will you do and where would you go on your motorcycle? What does your motorcycle have to have to represent you?
Write two paragraphs describing your motorcycle. Explain how the design REPRESENTS you.
You will be evaluated on the following:
Creativity of Design; Craftsmanship; Completion of all steps of the assignment (research and writing)
Colored pencils or markers
Due Date: Wednesday, May 7
Wednesday, April 2
Today is a non-painting day. Please read the following instructions carefully and complete the work for Thursday.
1. Read the "Earth Day Art" assignment. Decide if you would like to work in a group or alone. Start setting up the presentation. You may use "prezi" or another presentation app. You will be presenting your proposal to the class next week so make sure that you follow all of the directions.
2. Read the " Scraps to Sculpture" assignment. Make note of the due dates for materials and set reminders for yourself.
3. In a google doc create a new document titled "Printmaking Vocabulary and Examples".
Define the following terms and Find an example of each type of printmaking ( an image).
Clearly label each one. Be sure to site the source and credit the artist.
This is full year foundation course that will aid in your understanding and creating a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D artwork.