Crumpled Paper Drawing
Homework Due Date: Tuesday, November 24
Create a realistic drawing of crumpled paper using pencil. There are many views online to watch if helpful.
Example of a large class collage
Check out this artist:http://www.greendiary.com/derek-gores-creates-amazing-collage-art-from-recycled-magazines.html
Objective: Create a collage color wheel that demonstrates your understanding and knowledge of the color wheel
1. Examine color wheel and make sure that you understand and can name all of the colors and order of the colors
2. Sketch a design on square tag board paper using any shapes that you like, but contains enough shapes for all of the sections of the color wheel
3. Collect the colors that you need to create your color wheel from recycled magazines
4. Cut or tear the colors needed and separate into envelopes
5. Collage the colors onto the paper using glue
6. Check your craftsmanship and edit work if necessary
Demonstrate your understanding of the color wheel by creating a photograph of objects that are arranged to create an accurate color wheel.
1. Understand the color wheel and the following terms:
Primary, Secondary, Tertiary Colors
2. Read this link:
3. Collect objects that illustrate all of the colors on the color wheel
4. Arrange in a circle on WHITE or NEUTRAL color background.
5. Use your ipad to photograph the objects. YOU MUST use original photographs that YOU take, do not grab images off of the internet
6. Take multiple pictures in various types of lighting
7. Select the strongest picture
8. Crop and edit if necessary
9. You will show the image on your ipad for class critique
Due date: Thursday, November 12
Create a high quality presentation of your work that you created over the quarter.
Use this presentation to create a copy and make your own presentation:
OR you may use CANVA app to create the presentation
Steps: (use your ipad for these steps)
1. Organize all of the photographs that you took this quarter into one folder in your google drive and label it DESIGN
2. Check your photographs and edit, crop or retake as needed. Each photograph should be very high quality
3. Create a copy of the presentation above and create your own presentation of your work. You will need to edit and adjust the template. You may delete pages that you don't need and you should only upload your high quality work.
4. Proof read, align and edit text and layout to suit your style and compliment your art
5. Turn in the presentation in google classroom
This is full year foundation course that will aid in your understanding and creating a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D artwork.