1. Complete your hand drawing. Sign it and hang it one the wall.
2. Read the last 2 blog posts on the HOME page " Pencils and Artist Habits"
3. Answer the questions about the reading on the form below
4. Answer the self assessment questions about the hand drawing in the previous post
Self Assessment of Hand Drawing
For homework you will create a cover design for your sketchbook.
The cover design must contain your name and at least two colors AND must be vertical.
You will sketch ideas for the letter forms and concept. Then you will critique the ideas and select the strongest design. You will then create the design on the high quality paper.
You will complete the artwork for homework and bring it in on Friday and attach it to your sketchbook.
Feel free to purchase special tapes or other adhesive to attach the sketchbook cover.
Create an accordian book from the 5" x 22" paper
The content of the book is up to you but it must illustrate a transformation of some kind. You may use inspiration from your doodles created yesterday.
Turn Your Doodles Into...
a book- fold the paper two times to create a book. Create a front cover and write a story inside of the book. You can start with " Once upon a time...." include the who, what, where and when. You may write the story or create a pictographic story. Use your imagination and have fun!
Today is Doodle Day!
You will create lots of doodles on a large sheet of paper. The objectives of the doodles is to have fun, loosen up, and experiment with line and shape.
Complete the steps:
Homework Due Monday, September 10
1. Bring in signed Permission Form to publish artwork
2. Purchase and bring in a Sketchbook. It MUST be 11" x 14" and 60 lb or more paper weight. It should be spiral bound sketchbook with the binding on the side of the sketchbook. This can be found at Michael's or A.C. Moore. Michael's has a store app that has a 50% off coupon.
This is full year foundation course that will aid in your understanding and creating a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D artwork.