Reduction Linoleum Block Prints
Create a two color reduction linoleum block print of an image that expresses PEACE
1. Sketch idea for the drawing that is the same size as the linoleum block
2. Add color to the sketch
3. Watch video and have an understanding of the process of a reduction block
4. Transfer drawing on to the block
5. Carve away the areas that you want to remain WHITE
6. Print your fist LIGHT color. Create 5 high quality prints
7. Wash and dry the block
8. Red draw image if necessary
8. Carve away areas that you want to remain the first color
9. Print image on top of LIGHT color print
10. Sign and number prints
Check out this website to see the steps and stages:
Sketchbook Assignment- Favorite Food
Create a drawing of your favorite food using pencil.
1. Make a list of your favorite foods
2. Select your favorite and most interesting to draw
3. Create composition sketches that highlight your love of the food. Might you zoom in to capture details? Place the food on a plate or fork? How can you create a composition that demonstrates your enjoyment of this food?
4. Create a detailed value drawing of the food using pencil
5. Be sure to include a light source and broad range of values
6. Edit and refine your work prior to turning it in
Friday, March 31
This is full year foundation course that will aid in your understanding and creating a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D artwork.