Create a drawing of nature that demonstrates asymmetrical balance and your skill with craypas.
1. Take a photograph of nature that show asymmetrical balance ( homework assignment)
2. Edit and crop this picture to a square shape
( instagram and aviary both edit to square format)
3. Replicate the drawing using craypas on the black paper. Keep in mind that letting some of the black paper show looks great with the craypas.
4. Use numerous different textures to illustrate the nature scene
Create a symmetrical drawing using craypas on black paper that demonstrates the Art Principle of balance.
1. Understand symmetry and how artists use it to create BALANCE.
2. Read this article about symmetry http://sixrevisions.com/web_design/symmetry-design/
3. Read this article about balance
4. Complete the two worksheets Symmetry and Unity and Balance
5. Pick a type of symmetry for your work of art from the list:
Radial or Rotational
Mirror or Bilateral
6. Create a symmetrical drawing on the black paper using a light color
7. Select a color scheme from the list:
8. Create a drawing that clearly demonstrates the color scheme
9. Check your work for craftsmanship and balance
10. The entire square should be filled with color
Create eight a drawing of eight different textures on the worksheet.
1. Write name on worksheet
2. Find different texture materials around the room
3. Use pencil or material of your choice to draw the texture
* you may "zoom in" on a small area to capture the texture
Check out the artwork by artist Robert Dunlavey
Examine architecture of Antoni Gaudi, Frank Gehry and Russian architecture
Create a folded paper city with invented pattern
1. Examine the artwork of artist Robert Dunlavey
2. Look up the architecture of Antoni Gaudi, Frank Gehry, Saint Basil's Cathedral. Do you think Dunlavey was influenced by these buildings? Why?
3. Look at the last two sketchbook assignments, expressive lines and directional lines
4. Select some of the lines to use for your " city"
5. Sketch the shape and folds that you would like to have for your city on tag board
6. Cut and fold the city
7. Make sure that your city can stand
8. Draw the pattern and shapes on the city
Saint Basil's Cathedral
12-Part Color Wheel"
*Primaries: R, Y, B
**Secondaries: O, G, V
***Tertiaries: All have two names: Ex: R-O, B-G..
Plan your drawing in pencil so that it will be big on the page. It is OK to use object shapes - Shapes with a related theme work best!
Make it decorative! Embellish the page!
OK to make the lettering part of the design!
Finish with an ink outline!
1. Watch the video " Faith Ringgold"
2. Please write and answer the following questions on a sheet of paper:
Write your name and what period you are in at the top of the paper
Who was Faith Ringgold?
What type of art did she create?
How would you describe her artwork?
How did her artwork change the " art world"?
Do you like her artwork? Why or why not?
3. Create a drawing that tells your personal history. Who are you? Who is in your family? What do you like to do? What other details are important about your family?
4. Go to this site and answer the questions
This is full year foundation course that will aid in your understanding and creating a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D artwork.