Download the following apps tonight here: http://www.123dapp.com/create
"Typography Illustrates a Poem, Lyrics or Story"
Create a drawing that illustrates a poem, lyrics or story using various different styles of fonts and types.
1. Select a poem, lyrics, story or words
2. Research various fonts, and type styles
3. Start with pencil planning your composition. You may divide your page any way that best suits the typography.
4. Fill the entire page with typography
5. Include five or more font styles
5. Use color to complete your work
Due Date: Thursday, October 23,2014
Motorcycle Design | Sketchbook Assignment
Objective: Create a drawing of an original motorcycle that has elements, colors, shapes and forms that represent you and your personal style
1. Answer the question “Who is Gottlieb Daimler?” in your sketchbook
2. Find three different motorcycles from three different time periods. Print and neatly attach to your sketchbook
3. Brainstorm and sketch ideas for your invented motorcycle
4. Draw a motorcycle that represents you. What colors, shapes and forms express you and your style and personality? What will you do and where would you go on your motorcycle? What does your motorcycle have to have to represent you?
Write two paragraphs describing your motorcycle. Explain how the design REPRESENTS you.
You will be evaluated on the following:
Creativity of Design; Craftsmanship; Completion of all steps of the assignment (research and writing)
Colored pencils or markers
Due Date: Wednesday, May 7
Use your ipad to photograph and gather 9 to 12 images of different lines and textures. Please do not grab images off of the internet but take your own photographs.
Using a collage app place the photographs together into one collage. Save the image into a folder labeled DESIGN.
Objective: Create a drawing with materials of your choice that utilizes your understanding of value and form to create spiraling spheres with an active, colorful background.
1. Draw Overlapping circles (or other shapes) of graduated sizes, moving from smallest to largest (largest on top- draw it first) to create an illusion of movement toward you from the surface of the page. Fill the page with various sized trails.
2. Shade one end of the spiral trail gradually darker and one end lighter to enhance the illusion of movement and depth. Refer to your worksheet of creating values on a sphere and use these same values on the sphere to create the form. Use pencil or any other materials and colors that you select.
3. Create an interesting background; perhaps using analogous colors or monochromatic tints and shades to develop an ambiguous space.
4. Spend 1.5 to 2 hours on the assignment. Double check your work for quality and craftsmanship.
2-D and 3-D Arrows
Click here for more examples 2-D and 3-D Arrows
Poster Design- Community Involves You
You need to select your strongest idea from your sketches and create a full page design in color.
Before you begin ask yourself the following questions:
Is the theme of the poster clear?
What is unique and different about my poster?
What is original about my poster?
How can I fill the entire page with pattern and or color?
What will be the best materials for completing my work?
You may use your ipad to create the artwork or another medium of your choice.
This was the winning poster design from last year.
Joey used his ipad to create this work of art. He used multiple layers and different apps to create the poster for the theme " Speak Up".
SKETCHBOOK ASSIGNMENT: DUE DECEMBER 11
Develop at least 3 small sketches of your ideas for the CommUnity Involves You 2014 Poster Contest.
Think outside the box; create an original and unique idea.
Use words and images to express your idea. Focus on a clear messagethat will attract viewers' attention. See below for full details on the contest!
CommUnity Involves You 2014 Poster Contest
The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office and Middlesex Partnerships for Youth, Inc. invite high school and middle school students to create their own poster promoting the importance of being involved in the school and community.
The goal of the 2013-2014 Poster Project is for students to develop original posters to highlight the community aspect of school and the various opportunities available to students. These messages will communicate a direct, positive voice to other teens, in an effort to demonstrate to students that they are valued and that their involvement matters.
Possible topics for the posters include:
- Ways for students to get involved in their school and community
- Healthy relationships that can form within the community
- How involvement in the school and community builds opportunities
- Positive impacts students can have on the school and community
Deadline for submissions is January 3, 2014
1. Read this review of drawing and painting apps
2. Download a free drawing apps ( no need to buy any unless you want to) then test and use the apps.
3. Select one of your best drawings from the sketches and feedback that you received from the students.
4. Create a full size drawing of the sketch in full color. This may be created on your ipad using a drawing app OR by drawing or painting the work in your sketchbook.
**Remember that the artwork must be original. You may not use any images that were created by anyone else, but you must create your own images -you may take your own photographs, create your own backgrounds and draw your own images
This is full year foundation course that will aid in your understanding and creating a wide variety of 2-D and 3-D artwork.