Why Keep a Sketchbook?
This year you will maintain a sketchbook. It is your personal space to create. You will have assignments and specific works to create, but the sketchbook is for you. Many artists use sketchbooks as a space/place for inspiration, practice, idea gathering and experimentation. I want you to approach maintaining a sketchbook as a way to expand your creative thinking skills, develop your personal style and have fun with the creation of art through out the blank pages.
Many artists use sketchbooks. Read about an interesting project here: The Sketchbook Project
Here is another post from artist Lisa Congdon on why she keeps a sketchbook
On Keeping a Sketchbook
Please read this article on sketchbooks as well.
Sketchbook Assignments for Quarter 1
Check out these sketchbooks....
Here is some inspiration for you.....
4 Sketching Techniques
Objective: Create a series of drawings that demonstrate your understanding of the sketching techniques including contour line, scribbled line gesture, negative space and value.
1. Fold large paper 4 times to create 16 sections
2. Select four different objects to draw
3. Create four drawings of the object with four different techniques
5. Review and check work
6. Photograph work and upload to classroom
1. Ability to demonstrate understanding of the four different styles
2. Use of pencil to show different styles
3. Level of effort
Due Friday, September 16
1. Get a sketchbook at Michael's, A.C. Moore or other art store.
Please get a sketchbook that is 11" x 14" with 60lb. paper or greater.
*any brand is fine but it must be the right size!
Here are links to printable coupons:
Michaels Weekly Ad
View Our Weekly Craft Deals
Drawing and Painting