Ribbons of Awareness Drawing
Create a pencil drawing utilizing the techniques practiced to create a drawing that shows the meaning and purpose of an awareness ribbon.
1. Discussion around the meaning and impact that art can have on society.
2. Watch TED talk by Candy Chang
3. Research awareness ribbons and their meaning
4. Select a color ribbon that you would like to use in your drawing
5. Research the history, meaning and role of that ribbon and organization
6. Write, brainstorm and sketch ideas for how you could create a still life, or scene that contains that color ribbon.
** you will use color pencil for the ribbon and graphite for the rest of the drawing
9'x 12" drawing paper
Drawing Exercise -Rolled Paper
Objective: Create a line and value drawing of a curved piece of paper.
18" x 24" paper
Create a drawing of your hand in an interesting position that demonstrates your understanding of cross contour lines.
10" x 10" paper
Cross Contour Drawing
Create a drawing using graphite that illustrates the cross contours of three objects.
1. Set - up three objects on top of a piece of paper
2. Sketch the cross contours of each object.
3. Add accurate shadows to the object
4. You will need to complete this drawing in two class periods
12" x 18" paper
Contour Line Portrait with Paint
Contour Line Portrait Drawings
Drawing and Painting