Use pen to create a drawing of the still life using cross hatching to create the values of the subject matter
1. Read article " Compositional Choices" ( handout)
2. Create 4-6 thumbnail sketches in pencil of the still life. Use a viewfinder to select the composition. Explain in class critique the composition that you selected, and the where your selected to place the focal point and why.
3. Create pencil sketch on bristol paper
4. Practice cross hatching and creating different values on the sample paper
5. Create the still life drawing on bristol paper using pen
6. Check craftsmanship and values of the drawing
7. Critique classmates work and offer suggestions to others
Comments are closed.
Drawing and Painting